Friday, August 18, 2006

i hate 1and1 and their horrible customer support.

I woke up to the server being crashed, again, and so now snacksby has been down for 9 hours when all 1and1 needs to do is press the reset button. I've wasted over an hour being on the phone with 1and1's "customer support" twice, both times saying they are sending the issue over to the administrators. It's 9 hours later, guys. Come on. Even if Snacksby is having trouble, it isn't too much to ask someone to walk over and hit reset three times in four days. PS It's a managed server, if you care.

The plan now is to move the SQL database off of the server and over onto one of my dreamhost accounts, and start moving the code somewhere else as well. if keeping the mysql stuff separate doesn't help, then i'll permanently move the code. Here's hopin'!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you would like a real hoster I can offer a nice big discount -- well, everything I could earn on referall -- at Dreamhost just because I loved your project.

Give me a mail.

7:46 PM  
Blogger soma said...

i actually have a dreamhost account or two already - i was looking at them but their managed servers are way expensive. also it looks like i figured out my problem with the crashing, so 1and1 will be sticking around for a while, i think.

4:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is now Saturday morning, Oct. 21, and my 1and1 based web sites have been off the air for three days now!

Each time I call 1and1 "customer service" I get the same BS - 'the admins are working on bringing the customer files back up and your sites should be up in an hour". The only problem is that they've been saying that for the past two days, and the web sites have now been down for three straight days.

What a bunch of incompetent bozos! The technical bozos can't fix a downed server after three days of trying, and the 'customer service' bozos lie to customers about what is happening!

7:29 AM  
Blogger BankRaid said...

I set-up BankRaid a few years ago to highlight my battle with 1&1. A couple of years down the road and it all became too much too handle - and too costly as well. Too many folk ‘out there’ were writing to me asking for help. So, now I’m taking a different tack. I cannot afford to be so charitable and need some recompense for all my efforts. I’m proposing an alternative way forward. As it appears that 1&1 are virtually beyond the law, inasmuch that regulating agencies (both government and on the internet) seem reluctant to help the consumer, I thought I’d set up my own hosting company and try and attract customers - hopefully many from 1&1! Just seems that this is the only way to go. Please visit www.bankraid.com and see how life can be so much better!

4:53 PM  
Blogger Chris Engler said...

1and1 is horrible. They won't even let you cancel. I've been trying to cancel my account with them for 1.5 years and they continue to bill me! I use godaddy now without any problems.

3:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home