Thursday, February 01, 2007

Communication is the foundation to any good relationship.

You might not believe it, but Snacksby doesn't sit around so we can climb to the top of a mountain and make exclamations about how wonderful it is. Snacksby sits around so you can sit around at the computer and use it to create culinary masterpieces and/or rock candy. But why do you use it, and how do you want to use it?

I'm not exactly sure!

That's where this survey comes in. We're collecting a bit of information from you cats and kittens so that we can figure out what to do next! There's about 60 trillion options open to us, we just need to know which ones actual Snacksby users want - so fill it out!!!!

UPDATES: Beyond the survey, I've made a couple changes to the adding-a-recipe thing, so now it has less steps than the Empire State Building. I've also fixed a couple bugs, but I'm sure there's more out there, so let me know when you come across them!

COMING SOON: Would you like to be able to look at the recipes you've put in your recipe box and see how close to making all of them you are? I sure would! (...and I mean how many of the ingredients you have. We are not installing cameras in your house to track your progress. Yet.)

OH: if you'd like to drop us an email, snacksby@revolutionhealth.com is our address!

LAST NIGHT: I made a couple Snacksby recipes. Cold Peanut Noodles is probably one of my favorites, for being incrrrredibly easy and for the noodles being the only cooking-ish part of it. I was searching for something to use peanut butter, sesame oil and noodles, but forgot to put water in. That totally needs to be something you 'have' automatically. Maybe salt, too!

I also made about 10 cups of miso soup, but added silken tofu and wakame (seaweed!) and chinese black mushrooms. I made the dashi last night, too, which was a miserable experience since I followed some site's directions to soak the kombu (also: konbu. Another seaweed!) in cold water, then bring it to a simmer. Do you know how long it takes to boil cold water?! Forever! This is why I don't make italian food.

I need to start taking pictures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home