Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Just in time for L.U.N.C.H.

A suprising number of you use the pantry! For the uninitiated: basically you list out what you've got on hand and store it on Snacksby and everything is nice and neat and saved and perfect.

But not always as perfect as it could be.

Enter completion badges! Now whenever you are logged in and visit a recipe page, you get a nice little badge, like so

that lets you know how close you are to making the recipe! Sure, it only works all that well if you keep your pantry up to date, but I've only been using it for 20 minutes and I already like how it gives me a quick overview of my options!


Future plans along this route would probably be: automatically showing this when you're browsing recipes a la search-by-ingredient-list and highlighting what you have/don't have on the recipe page (Get out your fancy pants!). It also doesn't work with synonyms or substitutions just yet, but c'mon, cut us a break. We're workaholics enough for you kids already.

So yeah. Hopefully you dig that!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

very nice. now it works just like RecipeMatcher (www.recipematcher.com).

10:25 AM  
Blogger katrina said...

Is there any way to add a save for later button on the recipe adder? Sometimes I'm in the middle of adding a recipe and don't have the time to finish it.

12:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just found your site. I had this exact same idea a few years back when I all I had in my fridge was cheese, bread, and some condiments. Thanks for not being too lazy to code it like myself!

(Also, wouldn't it be great if this site was integrated with your fridge and RFIDs?)

10:23 PM  
Blogger Jana said...

Please please please could you make it stop making me log in constantly? It is very frustrating when I've just typed up a recipe to add and it disappears because I have to log in again!!

2:00 PM  
Blogger Dolores said...

It would be great if users could edit their recipes, and there is a problem with getting logged out all the time. It would be easier to do things on the site without having to constantly log in.

ps: I love snacksby!

12:31 PM  
Blogger Crafty Mama said...

I just found you today, love your site! Thankyou!!! I'm spreading the word!

10:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why is this site never updated?

DIDNT PUSH PAST THE HUMP

12:23 AM  
Blogger Jazo said...

great site! looking forward to more functionality and possible portability to other recipe sites?

snacksby ftw!

11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home